The Lighting Power Density (LPD) Reduction for Interior Lighting incentive encourages you to install lighting designs and equipment in new construction that provide quality lighting at lower installed wattage. The watts-reduced value is based on LPD in watts per square foot and is calculated as the savings in LPD for the new lighting from the baseline LPD values listed in ASHRAE 90.1-2010, Space-by-Space Method, for various building types.
Incentive = (LPDbaseline-LPDactual) x area x $0.30
To be eligible for an LPD Rebate, you must:
- Be constructing your facility in the DP&L service area
- Be in the design phase of the project and submit a completed application
- Submit documentation showing LPD calculations using the “Space-by-Space” Method in?ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA Standard 90.1-2010, Table 9.6.1 and 9.4.3.
- Demonstrate that lighting power densities are based on designs that meet applicable codes and standards and follow industry guidelines for acceptable quantity and quality of light for the space type and tasks
Under the LPD Rebate Program, DP&L will not provide rebates for:
- Buildings that are under construction or occupied prior to rebate application approval
- Measures installed with funding from another utility incentive program or from one of DP&L's other rebate programs