The whole building baseline improvement incentive rewards those customers who design their buildings to be more efficient than a baseline building constructed to ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA Standard 90.1-2010.
Incentives are calculated using the incentive rate guidelines below. To receive a measure incentive, a project must achieve an annual electric energy (kWh) and demand (kW) savings of 5% or better than the baseline.
Incentive Rate Guidelines (Whole Building)
|First Year Annual Electric Reduction||Incentive Rate|
|5 – 10% over baseline||$0.05/kWh||$50/KW|
|> 10% over baseline||$0.08/kWh||$75/KW|
|> 20% over baseline||$0.10/kWh||$100/K|
To be eligible for a Whole Building Performance Rebate, you must:
- Be constructing your facility in the DP&L service area
- Be in the design phase of the project and submit a completed application
- Submit documentation of an energy model, in accordance with ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA Standard 90.1-2010, Appendix G. Documentation must include:
- An output report from the energy modeling tool with explanation of any error messages that appear.
- Calculated values for the baseline building performance, the proposed design and the percentage improvement.
- The electronic energy modeling software file(s) used to calculate the baseline and proposed case energy consumption. Examples include Trane TRACE? 700 “.TAF” or eQuest “.pd2” and the associated “.inp” files. Files are subject to third party review.
- A list of energy-efficient measures included in the proposed design that differ from the baseline, accompanied by product specification sheets for each measure.
Under the Whole Building Performance Rebate Program, DP&L will not provide rebates for:
- Buildings that are under construction or occupied prior to rebate application approval.
- Measures installed with funding from another utility incentive program or from DP&L's other rebate programs.
- Renewable generation.